Tuesday, August 28, 2012

UNEMPLOYED -- Week 3

It is cheating to post today about Week 3 since I we are already into Week 4 but... here is what I will share about last week.

1) Procrastination is my worst enemy right now.
2) When people ask me how I am, how it's going, etc... my party line is " Welp, I'm being productive"
3) Translation of "Welp, I'm being productive" is I am keeping busy doing anything that remotely seems productive to job searching short of actually applying.
4) Most of the goal accomplishments for this week would involve things that I want to share here b/c I really feel like they should count for something -- caught up on all past email, bills, paid insurance, downloaded MS Office, spent hours on a plan to reorganize a friend's closet, attended Kairos training, babysat 3x, created budget sheet, created Job Search Log, created weekly calendar, bought planner.
5) Recognizing that if I do not schedule my time I will not use it wisely and make excuses for not job hunting so... that's why I created aformentioned weekly calendar tool to carve out specific times for specific things. Going well so far...

6) Dreaded... So, I filed for unemployment. I really don't have a good feeling about it. I don't think there is anything wrong with filing and all but one person I have talked to about it thinks it is the "responsible" thing to do but... I didn't want to... but I did on Friday.

I hadn't heard back, and my past employment hadn't heard either so I called today (which is an extremely frustrating process btw) and apparently my claim is HELD and I can't find out why unless I schedule a meeting with them... but that would require someone at the office to pick up the phone so... outlook cloudy.

Thanks for reading & praying for me!!
M

Goals Accomplished -- Week 3:
* Met with Financial Manager to discuss budget
* Filed for Unemployment
* Registered with Care.com (babysitting site) and applied for some babysitting gigs
Jobs applied for this week: 0
Jobs applied for total: 1



No comments:

Post a Comment